Celine Dion opened up about her life-altering illness after being diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS) in 2022 and said she’s hoping to “find a miracle.”

Speaking to Vogue France, the 56-year-old Canadian singer said she’s “well, but it’s a lot of work” living with the rare neurological disease so she’s “taking it one day at a time.”

“I haven’t beat the disease, as it’s still within me and always will be,” Dion said. “I hope that we’ll find a miracle, a way to cure it with scientific research, but for now I have to learn to live with it. So that’s me, now, with Stiff Person Syndrome.”

“Five days a week I undergo athletic, physical and vocal therapy,” she added. “I work on my toes, my knees, my calves, my fingers, my singing, my voice … I have to learn to live with it now and stop questioning myself. At the beginning I would ask myself: why me? How did this happen?What have I done? Is this my fault? Life doesn’t give you any answers. You just have to live it!”

Elle revient ? Elle revient ! Nous avons eu du mal à réaliser que #CélineDion serait la star de notre numéro de mai. Quelle joie de la retrouver !
Le numéro est à découvrir en kiosques et en ligne juste ici –> https://t.co/8iVtUtmk1U
© Cass Bird pic.twitter.com/FPj2TPskSh

— Vogue France (@VogueFrance) April 24, 2024

“I have this illness for some unknown reason,” the legendary singer continued. “The way I see it, I have two choices. Either I train like an athlete and work super hard, or I switch off and it’s over, I stay at home, listen to my songs, stand in front of my mirror and sing to myself. I’ve chosen to work with all my body and soul, from head to toe, with a medical team. I want to be the best I can be. My goal is to see the Eiffel Tower again!”

The “All By Myself” singer and mother of three — who revealed her diagnosis after canceling several of her concerts — said she is able to keep fighting thanks to all the love of her family, children and fans.

“People who suffer from SPS may not be lucky enough or have the means to have good doctors and good treatments,” Dion said. “I have those means, and this is a gift. What’s more, I have this strength within me. I know that nothing is going to stop me.”

“The Power Of Love” hitmaker made it clear she’s not sure when she will be back on stage but knows she won’t stop trying everyday to get there.

“I don’t know … My body will tell me,” Dion said. “On the other hand, I don’t just want to wait. It’s morally hard to live from day to day. It’s hard, I’m working very hard and tomorrow will be even harder.”

“Tomorrow is another day,” she added.”But there’s one thing that will never stop, and that’s the will. It’s the passion. It’s the dream. It’s the determination.”

“Today, I am a woman, who feels strong and positive about the future,” Dion continued. “One day at a time.”

Related: Celine Dion Documentary Will Give Fans A Look At Singer’s Life-Altering Illness

Celine Dion opened up about her life-altering illness after being diagnosed with Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS) in 2022 and said she’s hoping to “find a miracle.”

Speaking to Vogue France, the 56-year-old Canadian singer said she’s “well, but it’s a lot of work” living with the rare neurological disease so she’s “taking it one day at a time.”

“I haven’t beat the disease, as it’s still within me and always will be,” Dion said. “I hope that we’ll find a miracle, a way to cure it with scientific research, but for now I have to learn to live with it. So that’s me, now, with Stiff Person Syndrome.”

“Five days a week I undergo athletic, physical and vocal therapy,” she added. “I work on my toes, my knees, my calves, my fingers, my singing, my voice … I have to learn to live with it now and stop questioning myself. At the beginning I would ask myself: why me? How did this happen?What have I done? Is this my fault? Life doesn’t give you any answers. You just have to live it!”

“I have this illness for some unknown reason,” the legendary singer continued. “The way I see it, I have two choices. Either I train like an athlete and work super hard, or I switch off and it’s over, I stay at home, listen to my songs, stand in front of my mirror and sing to myself. I’ve chosen to work with all my body and soul, from head to toe, with a medical team. I want to be the best I can be. My goal is to see the Eiffel Tower again!”

The “All By Myself” singer and mother of three — who revealed her diagnosis after canceling several of her concerts — said she is able to keep fighting thanks to all the love of her family, children and fans.

“People who suffer from SPS may not be lucky enough or have the means to have good doctors and good treatments,” Dion said. “I have those means, and this is a gift. What’s more, I have this strength within me. I know that nothing is going to stop me.”

“The Power Of Love” hitmaker made it clear she’s not sure when she will be back on stage but knows she won’t stop trying everyday to get there.

“I don’t know … My body will tell me,” Dion said. “On the other hand, I don’t just want to wait. It’s morally hard to live from day to day. It’s hard, I’m working very hard and tomorrow will be even harder.”

“Tomorrow is another day,” she added.”But there’s one thing that will never stop, and that’s the will. It’s the passion. It’s the dream. It’s the determination.”

“Today, I am a woman, who feels strong and positive about the future,” Dion continued. “One day at a time.”

Related: Celine Dion Documentary Will Give Fans A Look At Singer’s Life-Altering Illness

​[[{“value”:”

Elle revient ? Elle revient ! Nous avons eu du mal à réaliser que #CélineDion serait la star de notre numéro de mai. Quelle joie de la retrouver !
Le numéro est à découvrir en kiosques et en ligne juste ici –> https://t.co/8iVtUtmk1U
© Cass Bird pic.twitter.com/FPj2TPskSh

— Vogue France (@VogueFrance) April 24, 2024

“}]] 

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.